| Suscríbete vía RSS

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rock Loudly and Hire a Great Staff

| |



It's five weeks until Voicebox opens to the public and it looks like we're going to have a sprint to the finish.

So much has happened in the past two weeks. The final HVAC work for the studios has been completed. The big paint fills are done. Kitchen equipment is on its way. Press releases have been released. And today, I started the staffing process.

I posted this ad on craigslist this morning and already had twelve interviewees turn up for the jobs. At one point, while I was doing the interviews, I had 3 people lined up outside waiting. I don't think it's going to be hard to find enough candidates.

Two and a half hours later I was exhausted, shell shocked and a little daunted about having to do this for the next 8 days. Hopefully I'll get some good candidates this week so I can wrap this up a little earlier. Based on the response I've been getting, I'm optimistic.

Tom and Stacey have been busy building the benches. One of the boxes is now complete, and I think they look really fantastic. The design was a collaborative effort between Raquel, Tom and myself. Our ideas and cooperation have really paid off. The next design step is to get the padding designed and made. The idea is to create minimal cushions that are comfy and supportive while still maintaining the clean lines and bare wood that you can see in the pictures.

Raquel's been on a buying spree. All the major lighting has been purchased as well as furniture for the lounge and the large box. It's a huge milestone. I'd show you preview pictures, but I want to keep it a suprise for now.

Finally, we've had a little bit more press. This bit appeared in the "In Portland" section of the Oregonian last Thursday.

Go look at pictures while I sleep.

0 comments: