| Suscríbete vía RSS

Monday, July 28, 2008

How's that cloning technology coming along?

| |

I've been telling my friends all day that for every two items I scratch off my ToDo list, four more appear in their place.

I spent yesterday at the home of my newly hired publicist, Lyla Foggia. Lyla interviewed the heck out of me -- dumping my brain so she can get started on putting together Voicebox's PR campaign. She'll be designing the website copy, media list and kit and the grand opening bash and guest lists. We're targeting print, radio, magazines, websites -- you name it.

Early on, I was thinking that I would handle the PR myself, but weeks ago, it became clear that I needed to offload that mighty task to someone who'd done it before. I'm really glad I did. I'm expecting Lyla's expertise and enthusiasm to pay off big.

Today, the site was abuzz. While Tom, Stacy and I laid out and framed the bar, Carlos' team put the finishing touches on the upper walls. Roy and Nick from Rayborn's Plumbing were also there doing their rough-in for the kitchen fixtures. Meanwhile, Will and Mike from Sunnyside Electric got started, too. Their first task was to replace the noisy fans in the restrooms with newer, nearly silent models. There's nothing I hate more than noisy restroom fans.

Speaking of which, I need to go buy more toilet paper and paper towels for the restrooms. It's only a job site, but we're going through it fast. The only problem is that the dispensers are the fancy commercial type that have little locks to prevent paper theft -- and I don't have the keys. Dealing with this is just one of the many tasks that just keeps getting pushed lower on the list.

Stopped by Global Net today and picked up the server. Kenn had it all ready and so far, it's performing great. I'm blogging while I copy over all the ripped CD+G media I've been converting. I'll be up all night ripping the rest of my library in time for the ComedySportz World Championship karaoke party on Wednesday.

No pictures today, sorry. I left my camera at home in all the hubbub. I promise some tomorrow. There's a lot of new work to show off.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Scoot - For the towel paper dispenser - use a paper clip (the narrow end) and jiggle it - say the magic words and....

Anonymous said...

hey Scoot!!!

YES, we do need more toilet paper, and the paper towels are almost gone too. where did it all go??

oh, and my name is spelled with an E. "stacey with an EEE", as tom sometimes calls me. and you better change it in your phone too, i cant bear the thought of being saved as a stacy.

fun times ahead!!
~~stacey

espd said...

Moar pixures!

Wait...your mom knows how to pick locks?

Anonymous said...

To the leader. A Psalm of David.
1In you, O Lord, I seek refuge;
do not let me ever be put to shame;
in your righteousness deliver me.
2Incline your ear to me;
rescue me speedily.
Be a rock of refuge for me,
a strong fortress to save me.


3You are indeed my rock and my fortress;
for your name’s sake lead me and guide me,
4take me out of the net that is hidden for me,
for you are my refuge.
5Into your hand I commit my spirit;
you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.


6You hate* those who pay regard to worthless idols,
but I trust in the Lord.
7I will exult and rejoice in your steadfast love,
because you have seen my affliction;
you have taken heed of my adversities,
8and have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy;
you have set my feet in a broad place.


9Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress;
my eye wastes away from grief,
my soul and body also.
10For my life is spent with sorrow,
and my years with sighing;
my strength fails because of my misery,*
and my bones waste away.


11I am the scorn of all my adversaries,
a horror* to my neighbours,
an object of dread to my acquaintances;
those who see me in the street flee from me.
12I have passed out of mind like one who is dead;
I have become like a broken vessel.
13For I hear the whispering of many—
terror all around!—
as they scheme together against me,
as they plot to take my life.


14But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, ‘You are my God.’
15My times are in your hand;
deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors.
16Let your face shine upon your servant;
save me in your steadfast love.
17Do not let me be put to shame, O Lord,
for I call on you;
let the wicked be put to shame;
let them go dumbfounded to Sheol.
18Let the lying lips be stilled
that speak insolently against the righteous
with pride and contempt.


19O how abundant is your goodness
that you have laid up for those who fear you,
and accomplished for those who take refuge in you,
in the sight of everyone!
20In the shelter of your presence you hide them
from human plots;
you hold them safe under your shelter
from contentious tongues.


21Blessed be the Lord,
for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me
when I was beset as a city under siege.
22I had said in my alarm,
‘I am driven far* from your sight.’
But you heard my supplications
when I cried out to you for help.


23Love the Lord, all you his saints.
The Lord preserves the faithful,
but abundantly repays the one who acts haughtily.
24Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
all you who wait for the Lord.